|This is an archive for our records. Do not alter the contents in any way.|
The Habbo Way is the Habbo's code of conduct. Each and every hotel has it and is ordered to follow them. Those who do not follow them may be banned.
The Habbo Way is a simple set of rules for all players to follow in the Habbo:
- Do not bully, harass or abuse other players; avoid violent or aggressive behaviour.
- Do not steal or scam passwords, credits or furniture from other players.
- You may not give away, sell or trade your Habbo account or seek to sell virtual items from Habbo for cash.
- Do not use any scripts or third party software to enter, disrupt or modify Habbo.
- Treat other players as you would wish to be treated! And remember that a crime in a virtual world is as serious as in the real world.
- Making rooms telling people about a potential scammer is also not allowed, as this is considered innapropriate for a room name and will result in a temporary ban if you're caught.
Why is there a Habbo Way? Habbo Hotel is a place where people come to relax, hang out and make new friends in a safe, non-threatening environment. The Habbo Way helps to maintain this safe, non-threatening environment.
What should I do if I see someone break the Habbo Way? If you see someone break the Habbo Way and you are uncomfortable with it, you should use the Ignore feature. This prevents their chat from showing up on your screen. Use Ignore for name-calling, mild swearing, or anything else that just doesn't suit your taste. If the chat is truly offensive, hateful or racist, or if you feel threatened by it, send a 'call for help' and report them to an on duty Moderator, then leave the room or place the Habbo on Ignore.
What will happen if I break the Habbo Way? If you break the Habbo Way you may be alerted, kicked from the room or banned from Habbo Hotel.
Why do my words come up as 'bobba'? All areas of Habbo Hotel have a word filter which takes out offensive words. This covers swearing and racist or sexist language, plus email addresses and phone numbers.
Offensive words are replaced with 'bobba'. The filters also work on Habbo names, missions, Stickies and all types of messages sent through the Console.
What happens if I avoid the word filter? If you avoid the word filter you may be banned from Habbo Hotel.